After watching too many hours of Netflix and taking an extremely long nap, I found it in me to sit down in front of my laptop and focus on the job hunt. Actually got around to applying to three jobs and an internship which is more than I've applied to since I've been home. Guess it just takes some motivation and having some sort of idea of what I want to do, and having other people believe in me, because I can't seem to believe in myself. My lack of self-esteem is my downfall, and it gets in the way of the important things in my life. I'm constantly worrying about not being good enough, which really needs to change. I'm slowly making changes in my life, and believing in myself is the first step I need to take. I'm just glad that I finally applied myself. Once I set my mind on something, I won't give up. It also helps for me to listen to an entire discography, which happened to be Jack's Mannequin today. A+ music makes for an A+ effort.
I also decided to go through my "note to self" tagged posts on Tumblr and compiled some of my favourites to help me through this whole rut I'm stuck in:
- Obstacles are put in your way to see if what you want is really worth fighting for.
- Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.
- Don't give up just because things are hard.
- I am responsible for my happiness. I am the only person who can make me feel better. It's okay to feel things that I feel. It's okay to cry.
- Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.
- Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive about what could go right.
- Don't pick a job with great vacation time. Pick one that doesn't need escaping from.
- When you are tempted to give up, your breakthrough is probably just around the corner.
Today's photos are from Amsterdam, The Netherlands and Brussels, Belgium. These photos definitely have a film feeling to them. The colours are very subtle, except for the first photo, which is pretty saturated. That photo is the exception and was actually taken in Wales. Other than that, I kind of like this style. I particularly like the last photo for whatever reason, as well as the one of the blurred bicyclist.